Friday, November 09, 2018

Sunday Dinner - Crab Cake Bennies

I am a fan of Chrissy Teigen's first book, and you know that when the second one came out, I got it ASAP.  I have yet to cook from it, but have read it cover to cover twice and once I get everything in my existence sorted out I will start cooking, most likely first will be the Pad Thai Carbonara because how delicious does that sound.

I had her first book out a few months ago when The Grandfather was over for dinner and we flipped through it to see what we could see.  We liked the sound of the zucchini lasagne although it seems so labor intensive.  But I should make it anyway.  My dad hovered on the crab cake benny page for so long I knew that we had to give that a try.

I made a couple of changes - I made real (from a package!) hollandaise instead of the recipes fake version mostly because my dad and kids would not eat her spicy version; and we skipped the bed of arugula because same as the spicy sauce.

These were AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGG and the 3 grown ups fought over the leftovers for the next day's lunch.  We were all winners.