Friday, August 05, 2016

Sunday Dinner - Nicoise Salad and Cookies

Blogger wants to correct Nicoise to Nicotine.  I laughed harder than was necessary at that.

So, another Sunday Dinner!  We planned an easy cold dinner for a hot day, and then the day turned out to be rainy and windy and cool.  But the dinner was still delicious.

We made my mom's Nicoise Salad dressing, and went with the flow on the rest of the salad.  
Beets, potatos, green beans, eggs, olives, artichoke hearts, tomatos, red onion, and tuna.  
Delicious crusty bread on the side.

Everyone seemed happy with it, and the boy even tried an artichoke heart, although it
 got "2 thumbs down" from him while he struggled to chew and swallow.

Dessert were The World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies from Baking: My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan, and the woman ain't lying:  they were the BEST chocolate chip cookie I've ever made.  

Recipe here.

I went with one of the suggestions in the book and added coconut.  I left out the nuts because we are not big "nut in cookie" fans.  Frankly the coconut added nothing to rhe cookies at all - when I asked the family if they like the coconut in it, none of them had even noticed it!  
So next time I would leave that out, and just make delicious, delicious, chocolate chip cookies.