Monday, June 24, 2013

From Pinterest - Sugar Cookie Tacos

I made these recently for a family dinner. This is pretty much the first thing I pinned from Pinterest - a cute little dessert that didn't look too hard to make. I made my own sugar cookie dough, as it was not for sale in the 3 grocery stores I visited. I had a lot of trouble with the shaping. I envisioned a more traditional taco shape, but when I tried to form the cookies into a more severe shape they rebelled and cracked. So I had gentle cups instead of taco shells.


Once the shells were made, and it was dessert time and I had reconciled myself with the fact that they were not as cute as the ones on the internets, I filled the with cream whipped with vanilla sugar, and topped them with fruit - raspberries, peaches and strawberries. 



Cute, but frustrating.