Monday, April 15, 2024

cookbook clean up 58 - one part plant by Jessica Murnane

 I bought One Part Plant off the sale table at Chapters a few years back and promptly forgot about it.  Luckily for me I grabbed it off the shelf for the clean up, fully expecting for it to hit the donate pile but instead it's become one of my favorite books. 


 Jessica spends the first part of the book talking about her past less than stellar eating habits (ding ding says my inner bell) and how she came to start eating better which led to her feeling better.  It's like this book is speaking TO ME (hint hint, me)

The recipes are divided into 6 chapters of mornings, salads, snacks and more.  The first 2 recipes I tried were The Crunchy Chunky Granola - simple but AMAZING, and the Baklava-ish Toast.  I swooned.

Next was the chocolate chunk cookies made with almond flour that the whole family went crazy for, including The Grandpa who went out and bought me a new bag of almond flour so we could have them again.  The Roasted Potato, Corn and Leek Chowder was one of the best soups I made last year.  Incredible.

The Peach Ginger Tea became Watermelon Ginger Tea when I tried it because I had some frozen watermelon, and SOOOO good.  I've made this a bunch of times with a bunch of different fruits.

The Curry Popcorn was so delicious as was the riff I made on her Turtle Eggs - walnuts, dates and chocolate. 

This is SUCH a good book, I absolutely love it.  I will be trying out more recipes as well as all the ones I've already made for sure.

Back on the bookshelf - 21 Donated -37