Saturday, September 04, 2021

sweet and sour pork

There is no parenting task that brings me less joy than cooking for my kids.

They are terrible, miserable little beasts that dislike pretty much everything I cook.  
Sometimes the complaining starts in the kitchen when they come in to see what I'm making.  
Sometimes it's when the plates hit the tables that the faces and the "What is THAT"  "I'm not eating it!" start.
Occasionally they will have a few bites, tell me how good it is, and then when I'm relaxed and smiling they do a 180 and declare they don't really like it after all, it's pretty gross.
 
I wasn't sure how this one would go over since there is no reasoning behind what they like and/or dislike but - they liked it!  And honestly I would have thought they were even more insane than usual if they hadn't like this.  So good.
 
I made 1 1/2 times the sauce since I like things saucy.  This is a good, easy dish to make that hopefully everyone in your house will enjoy.