Sunday, November 10, 2019

Pumpkin pancakes


For Thanksgiving last month I was thinking about making a pumpkin pie, because that's one of The Mister's favorite desserts.  
I was talking dessert at worth with some pals, and one mentioned she was going to make an no-bake pumpkin cheesecake for her dinner.  That sounded even better, so she sent me the recipe, and I showed it to The Mister that night.

He didn't think that particular recipe sounded good, but we were both on board with pumpkin cheesecake, so we found another recipe to try, a swirled pumpkin cheesecake bar.

We made it for Thanksgiving dinner, and it was AWFUL.  
We all hated it.
I was bummed.  We should have made the recipe from my friend! 

I went to work the next day, having decided to keep my bad dessert story to myself, but when my friend showed up, she had her own sad story - the pumpkin cheesecake SHE made was terrible TOO!
Sometimes you just can't win.


I used up the leftovers of the can of pumpkin that was wasted on that awful dessert on these very delicious pancakes.

Pumpkin Pancakes

1/2 cup pumpkin puree
3 TB butter, melted
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Preheat a pan over medium heat.
Whisk the puree, butter, milk, eggs, vanilla and sugar until smooth.
Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just smooth.
Add a but of butter or oil to the pan, and spoon in your batter in the size you like your cakes.
Cook, flip, and eat!