Friday, June 29, 2018

Skillet dinner

I hit a home run with this recent quick and easy dinner, and dinner prep that night was even quicker and easier because I made it in advance! 
I found a freezer bag with a half pound of ground pork and half pound of ground beef so I popped over to Pinterest to see what I could find, and quickly found a recipe 
for an Italian beef and rice recipe.
The recipe suggested pasta instead of rice to mix things up a bit and I had some small pasta shapes to use up, so I chose these sweet little stars.  I mean, come on!


Now, they are small and visually got lost in the dish, but that was ok because it was super awesome.
The grownups added a bit of heat to our bowls.  So good.
This is a recipe I will try again - with rice, a bigger pasta, some different veg - there are endless possibilites.