Friday, December 23, 2016

Potluck Salad, and Merry Merry

My work hasn't been having regular potlucks for a few years now, 
we are down to one in December. 
We decided to do all appies for the potluck this year, 
so we divided our group into appies, desserts and drink. 

 I was in the appie category and I decided to do a salad. 
 I spent an hour perusing Pinterest and ended up choosing 
one of the first salads I looked at - 
Autumn Apple Salad with a Maple Vinaigrette.  

The recipe makes salad for one, so I made 4 times the amount 
of dressing (which was a lot, but that's ok because it's really good), 
and then just added the other ingredients to a container of
 baby romaine - crumbled bacon, dried cranberries, pecans, feta cheese and apples.  
The salad was AMAZING.  So delicious.  
I made more for The Mister and I on the weekend and he loved it too.  
 This is a super duper keeper.



Can you BELIEVE it's the end of 2016.  
This year completely sailed by.  
It was good and bad for me and my family, just like it probably was for you, 
just like it was for everyone.  
I'm holding tight to the good stuff and trying to let the other stuff flow away.  

Whether you celebrate at this time of year or not, Cheers.  

Be happy, be safe, be loving, be kind.