Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Do not become small


When I saw this on Instagram my breath caught in my throat.  
This quote really feels true to my life right now.

The fact is, we are always changing and growing.  All of us. 

I - and my little family - have undergone some enormous changes in the past 18 months.  
Some were amazing, some were devastating.

I am not the same person I used to be.  
But I'm feeling more like me - the real me - than I have in years.  
I'm excited about where I am in life right now and where I am headed.

Some in my life are having difficulty understanding that, and it's been very hard for me to deal with.
It's hard to understand why people would not want to be happy for you, when you are happy.
Do people not deserve happiness unless they fit into your mold of who they should be?

This quote helps me to remember.  
My journey is my journey.  You do not have to like it, or understand it.
  
It is for me.