Thursday, December 02, 2010

Reverb 10 Day 1, a day late.

I came across this project - reverb 10 on Twitter. It is a month long assignment for December, to mull over the past year, and to look forward to 2011. Every day this month there is a prompt - a question - to answer however you'd like; through a blog post, an update on twitter, a photo - the way you are inspired.

So tonight I signed up.

This has been a year of various struggles for me. Good and bad. I hope that taking part in this will..... I'm not sure. Help me continue to clear my mind? Restore some spirit and confidence? Feel inspired and calm? We shall see.

Taken on a family trip to Davison Orchard in Vernon.

Day 1

December 1 – One Word. Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you? (Author: Gwen Bell)

The minute I read this, a thousand negative words flooded my head. I was trying to choose which one to use when I stopped. I didn't let myself be negative about a year that was both wonderful and difficult. So I made myself choose a positive word instead.

Family.

Our families have been wonderful, helpful and supportive this year. We've been blessed to spend lots of time with both sides, both here and in Alberta. I don't know what we would do without them, and I am thankful, so very thankful to have them. 

What word do I hope will encapsulate 2011?
Peace.