Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Blog Party 21 - Let's Have A Picnic

I think I done missed a couple of Blog Party's thrown by Stephanie over at Dispensing Happiness, but I'm back, baby! The theme for Blog Party 21 is picnic food. Sadly, our weather isn't co-operating with said theme. I was hoping to have an actual picnic to write about, but Mother Nature just won't have it.

So here's my contributions to the party from the comfort and warmth of my kitchen.

Up first, our drink, this month of the non-alcoholic variety:


I love to drink this in the summer. It's just water with thinly sliced cucumber and lemon. It is so refreshing. My other favorite is mint, lots of fresh mint steeped in water. I can't wait for my mint plant to spring back to life (hopefully) soon.

And also with the cucumber, Greek salad on cucumber rounds. Simple, refreshing, and easy.


We don't mess around much with Greek salad. Tomato, Kalamata olives, green onion, red bell pepper and feta mixed with a bit of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.

Stephanie, you've whet my appetite for some outdoor eating! You'd better hope the weather turns soon, or I'm coming to your house!

6 comments:

knitphomaniac said...

looks delicious :)

Patricia Scarpin said...

Sara, those little things are adorable!

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

I love the cool refreshing drink!
The Greek Salad rounds are a super idea and I really like it. Perfect!

Lis said...

Ohhh you've got me craving tomatoes, cukes, olives and feta at 6:35 in the morning.. Yum!! Love how they are lil nibblers instead of a big salad, very creative!

xoxo

Sara said...

knitphomaniac - thank you! love your name by the way.

Patricia - thank you too!

Tanna - the flavored water is so good and way better than that crap you can buy.

Lis - I think anytime is a good time for feta.

Anonymous said...

I like this! As cool as cucumber...
I can imagine that crunch of those cucumbers!