Monday, October 30, 2006

Books of the Month

Last month I was spoiled! beyond belief. Look at all these wonderful books:
Top Row Left to Right:
The first one is a small book called Pot Pies:Forty Savory Suppers. I bought it at a garage sale for a quarter. Now that the weather is crap and it's snowing here I'll have to start reading it. Next is The Nasty Bits, Scott bought it for me for my birthday. I just started reading it and so far it's pretty good. Next to that is a book I bought used Laurel's Kitchen Recipes and next to that is Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Get Real Meals. I also got that one for my birthday after I went on a (drunken) rant one night about how I like the idea of Rachel Ray, but she is just a bit...much for me to watch on TV. I have a mini-review of this book planned; we had company a couple of weekends ago and I cooked a bunch of food out of it.
Next Row: 2 more presents: Vegan Freak and Vegan with a Vengeance. I haven't started to read Vegan Freak yet, but I am drooling over quite a few recipes from Vegan with a Vengeance. Especially the cupcakes. Next is another gift (i told you i got spoiled) Feast, which I haven't looked at yet. And lastly, another used book Quick Vegetarian Pleasures
I have a lot of reading to do.

8 comments:

Lea said...

Oh! JEALOUS!! I've been wanting Nasty Bits for months!!! I love Bordain's writing! ^_^

Meg said...

Ooooo, "Feast" is an utterly fantastic cookbook! I am very jealous. Try the chocolate cheesecake in the chocolate cakes section; it's amazing, but a bit rich. I recommend a light fruit topping with it.

The Cookbook Junkie said...

Oh my! My heart is racing.

I just returned Feast to the library and I plan on getting my own copy of that book. Each recipe has a substantial, personal lead-in. She really wrote a book, as opposed to just slapping some recipes together.

breadchick said...

Oh my Sara, the pile cookbook/food books next your side of the bed is going to look a lot like the three piles of cookbooks/food books next my side of the bed;-) Now if we just could find time to not only READ them all but COOK from them all....

Anonymous said...

Lucky girl! Feast is such a fantastic book. I picked up a copy on sale right before I left for Halifax, and absolutely adored reading through it.

Sara said...

Lea - I am enjoying it - maybe you should put it on your Christmas wish list.

OK, after all those comments, I am going to start reading Feast tonight!!!!!

Lis said...

I feel the exact same way about Rachel. Do you and Scott watch her show and make fun of her the whole 1/2 hour like Wayne and I do? Course we rarely miss an episode, so what does that tell you? hehee

I've got Feast and it's a fabulous book.. wait until you see (if you haven't yet) the chocolate cake section.. *swoon*

I'm dying to read The Nasty Bits, I lurve his ranting and raving. :D

You have had a great month of books!

Ruth Daniels said...

All the books look great. What a wonderful way to hibernate.

Feast is a great read - AND a great treasure of recipes. That said, Quick Vegetarian Pleasures is one of my most used and best loved cookbooks.

Have fun with them all.