Wednesday, May 08, 2024

DIY - Coffee creamer

 I unfortunately developed a habit over the past few years of liking iced coffee.  I might have mentioned in the past that I've never liked coffee, and it's true, I find it so bitter.  But add enough sugar and cream and ice and I'm all over that bad girl.

Which of course, is not good for you.  But that is beside the point right now.  This point is that it's not good for you, AND expensive AND full of additives to use commercially prepared coffee creamers, even though they are 1,000% delicious and come in all sorts of fun flavors.

BUT - you can also make them at home!

I did some googling, and there are basically 3 different bases you can use - condensed milk, cream, or coconut milk.  Then, add stuff - vanilla, cocoa powder, different extracts.

I made a coconut milk vanilla and maple syrup creamer and it was pretty tasty!  You have to blend the heck out of it to break up the creamy solids of the coconut milk, but if you get a glop of that in your cup, there are worse things that could happen.