Tuesday, March 30, 2021

my shaken brown sugar oat espresso journey (so far)

 Since I mentioned my new favorite drink in this post a couple of weeks ago, I can't stop thinking about it.  It was delicious!  But I rarely leave the house, and Starbucks is pretty pricey, so all I did was dream of it.  And then I saw a video on the Tickey-Toks of a lady making her own, and I was like, I can do that too!

(BTW - another good person to follow on there is The Shaky Barista, who shows you how to make coffee shop drinks at home.)

So I made my own iced coffee at home and - it was pretty ok!

I put a couple of spoons of brown sugar, a dash of cinnamon and a tiny splash of vanilla into my jar, added a cup of hot coffee (6 oz pour from the ol' Keurig), and swished it around to dissolve the sugar.  I added a couple of scoops of ice, put the lid on the jar and gave it a good shake, then added milk to taste.  Not bad at all.

A friend told me about a brown sugar flavored syrup you can buy to add to your drinks, and just like that, I became the kind of person who has a bottle of flavored syrup in her cupboard to add to drinks.  I may also have become the kind of person who has a milk frother, but we'll leave that story for another day (when I've taken it out of the box and tried it). 

 It has a different taste than the actual sugar and cinnamon ingredients, but it's not bad.  


I've also learned there are sugar free syrups out there, 
which I might try once this bottle is gone, but we'll see.  
Who would have thought I'd be so in to making iced coffee?  Not me.