Sunday, March 07, 2021

2 smoothies, one photo

 

I've been trying to get back in the habit of smoothies for breakfasts.  They are quick and an easy way to get some fruit or veg into the morning.  I've been using some protein powder too, although I'm still looking for one that tastes good and doesn't overpower the whole drink.  Does such a protein powder exist???

I sometimes will just throw in whatever I can find in the fridge or freezer -  leftover fruit from the kids, expired yogurt, some spinach or beets, frozen berries.  Milk or water to get it going in the blender.  They don't always taste great, but it's fine.

A favorite I came up earlier this year is a good one that makes me feel like I treated myself at a coffee shop - 

Coffee Protein Smoothie

Into my blender I throw - 
Couple of scoops of ice
1 cup milk
1 cup hot coffee
1/2 to 1 banana
1-2 Tb cocoa powder
1 scoop protein powder
Whiz until smooth


A new favorite is in the photo above - Carrot Cake Smoothie from Well + Good.

I've done it withe a combo of pineapple and mango too, which is just as delicious.

recipe - carrot cake smoothie