Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Air Fryer Chickpeas

 I don't remember if I mentioned we bought an air fryer last year - I think I called my mothers day gift to feel less bad about buying it - but we did, and we used it for a while to make fries and roast veggies mostly.  Eventually it got pushed to the back of our minds - and the cupboard it lives in, due to lack of counter space - but at Christmas we pulled it out again to cook some store bought frozen appies and since then we've been using it regularly again, not only for veggies and appies but for meatballs, chicken cordon bleu and even pierogis.

I bought a couple of cans of chickpeas in the fall to try roasting them in the air fryer and finally got around to it last week.  I used this recipe, and specifically the Italian seasoning because I figured that had the most luck of being tried and possibly even enjoyed by my family.


They were easy to make and very very delicious!  The Mister and I both enjoyed them, The Boy ate a handful, said they were pretty good, and slithered back to his room for mysterious pre-teen reasons, and The Girl flat out refused to try them.

 

2 notes I will share - the recipe calls for you to dry the chickpeas thoroughly and discard any skins that come off but I would say dry gently and keep some skins - they are deliciously crunchy as well.

The other is that the recipe is correct that these don't keep particularly well.  They are fine for a couple of days afterwards, but are definitely better the day of cooking.