Sunday, February 02, 2020

my favorites in january



Here's a list of things I enjoyed in January -


On Netflix -




John Mulaney and the Sack Lunch Bunch.  So good.  Everything about this is perfect.




Santa Clarita Diet - I finished the 3rd and (sadly) last season.  Bizarre until the end.

On Amazon Prime:



One Mississippi.  So good.  So sad at times.  Another show cancelled too soon.

______________________________________


Before the holidays every article on Buzzfeed was raving about this scalp brush thing that you use when you wash your hair, and it gets rid of build up and feels nice and vacuums out your car for you.
I ordered one for Santa to put in my stocking.










It's........ok?  I can't say that my hair is shiny or bouncy, but it does feel nice to scrape away at your scalp in a warm shower some mornings.

Another thing the internet got me started on came from a Facebook video I saw where they showed you how much of your various products you waste when you don't rip the container apart to extract the last bits of lotions and potions and lip balm.
My first test was on a lip balm, and using the handle of a little spoon from the kitchen I was able to scrape out a goodly amount of balm that otherwise would have been tossed out.  Cool!
Now I've moved on to scrub and lotion containers.
Cut the tops and middles off, and then you can get at the product hanging around in there, and you still have a lid to keep it covered.
My new favorite hobby.





_____________________________________________________________



I forgot how much I love this song until it popped up on a random playlist while I was working.  Emmylou by First Aid Kit.




Book shopping at value village - I was reading a ton in December and early January, but I've hit the January blues and some long work weeks so it's petered off.  I popped in to the Vill and picked up 4 new (to me) books.

_______________________________________

My current mood: