Sunday, January 19, 2020

Book Club - Spolier Alert: The Hero Dies by Michael Ausiello

2020-2


_____________________________________________________


I wanted to believe her, but the so-called experts had misled Kit and me so many times during this journey that my faith tank was running on empty.

At this moment, I found myself really wishing New York State had a Death With Dignity Act.  There was no dignity in what was transpiring tonight,  Kit deserved a better end than he was getting.

"He will go when he is ready to go.  And if you're not present, that means he wanted to spare you that moment."

"He can hear you.  Talk to him.  Tell him you love him.  Assure him you will be ok without him."

......it would all soon be over.  And for an instant I felt a fleeting sense of relief.  For Kit.  For Kit's parents.  And for me.

_____________________________________________

Whoooooooooo.  This one got me good.  It has been a long time since a book made me cry this much.  It is a lovely, sad story.  Go find this book and read it.