Friday, September 13, 2019

Cookbook Cleanup #6 - rebar modern food cookbook

If you do a search for rebar on my blog, you'll come up with this list of vegetarian deliciousness that I've cooked over the years from rebar modern food cookbook.

One of my all time favorites is still the Brie Bagel Melt.  Such a winner.

For the cleanup challenge I made 7 new dishes - 

2 smoothies - Double Happiness and Dale Evans (below).


I made the deeeeeeelicious Whole Wheat Hotcakes.


I turned the Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes into a No Frosting Needed Chocolate Zucchini Cake.


And this very nice Plain and Fancy Cornbread.


I also made the Chocolate Chip Cookies with Apricots and Walnuts - but I left out the walnuts - and they were so delicious - one of the best cookie recipes of the year.

The last recipe was Thai Sweet Corn Soup made at the perfect time of year for corn, and this was a prefect soup.  Easy to make and delicious.  I left out the siracha so the kids and grandpa would eat it, and The Mister and I spiced up our bowls at the table.  Even more yummy with a bit of heat!

This is a book that keeps on giving - rarely a dud in the lot.  If you come across this one and like vegetarian cooking, pick it up.


Cookbook Cleanup results so far - Bookshelf -3  Donated - 3