Sunday, August 11, 2019

Cookbook Cleanup - 3 and 4 are out the door




I am being a bit ruthless in this cookbook shelf clean out.

Last time I did this I tried very hard to find at least one or two recipes to try from every book, in case I found a gem.  This time I've changed the rules.  I'm not going to cook something I don't want to.  If I can't find anything that I know the family will eat, the book goes.

So here are our first 2 departers - Tasty Latest and Greatest and  Better Homes and Gardens Bread Machine Bounty.

Bread Machine Bounty - a symphony book sale buy from a few years back - was easy to donate as I gave away our bread machine a couple of months ago, so this is of no use to me now.

Tasty was a bit harder to get rid of; this was an impulse purchase from  Costco a couple of years ago and I hadn't spent a lot of time with it.  I previously tried 2 recipes and was NOT impressed with either of them, but I was sure that there must be some good stuff in there.

The problem for me is a lot of these recipes are quiet decadent - stuffed brownies and bread balls, deep fried or breaded almost everything, lots of bacon.  This isn't every day eats, and this isn't the kind of stuff my picky family likes.  

So based on my previous tries, I sent this one out the door with no more testing. It is not a bad book!  Just not for us.

Cookbook Cleanup results so far - Bookshelf -2  Donated - 2