Wednesday, May 02, 2018

Treat yourself - Shower Steamers

I love me some aromatherapy and I have for years.  Rarely a day goes by that I don't bust out at least one oil.
A video on making "Shower Steamers" popped up in my facebook feed and I was interested - a new way to get a zing of aromatherapy!
These are super easy and don't take much time or equipment.

Here's the link I used - from HGTV.

You mix baking soda and water and press into muffin tins lined with paper liners.
Then you bake them, and let them cool, loosen the paper liners, 
and add your oils before you pack them up.


I had some trouble getting some of the liners off the tablets.  
Some popped right out, and some did not.


I did 6 peppermint (my favorite oil) and eucalyptus,


And 6 lemon and lime.  3 drops of each oil per disc for both.


The Mister tried one the morning I made them and really enjoyed it.  My nose does not always work well anymore, so I didn't find it very scenty.  And of course, the longer they sit, the more scent they lose.  But - PRO TIP - just add another couple of drops to one right before you get in the shower and POW - smell city.