Tuesday, May 15, 2018

no knead bread

I enjoy making bread but sometimes I just don't want to do all the forming and rising and and rolling and more rising and shaping and then more rising, you know? Sometimes you just want some bread dang it! 
So I tried a loaf of no knead bread where you make a simple dough, mix it only enough to combine the ingredients, and then let it sit on the counter for up to 24 hours before you bake it. 
Ok, there is one forming/rising session but it's right at the end so I am ok with that. 


This produced a super delicious loaf of bread that was nice and crusty on the outside and chewy and just a little tangy on the inside.  
The Mister was completely selfless and let The Grandpa take home the other half of the loaf we didn't eat for Sunday Dinner, so I owe him another loaf.  
This time I'm going to let the dough sit for the full 24 hours to see if the flavor deepens.


There is just something about taking a loaf of homemade bread out of the oven.
Such an accomplishment.  So tasty with butter.......