Tuesday, April 17, 2018

This is a thing that I have, and also, book sale!

I recently read about tsundoku and laughed.  
Finally I can put a name to what I have been doing for years!  

I have been trying to get back to reading more but lately I've struggled with some of my 
choices and slowed right down, while at the same time receiving and using gift cards 
to the book store and moving books from the bookshelf in the basement to my room to read "soon" and this is what it looks like.


In related news, the Kamloops Symphony held their Spring Book Sale and we went.  Everyone got some books, and the Symphony got some of our money.
I got 5 books; a Thai cookbook, a novel and 3 memoirs.  
I tried to read Eat Pray Love years ago when it came out and I didn't like it and didn't finish it, but now that I'm old(er) I thought I would try again.  
I have had Pema Chodron's name on my list of authors to read for a couple of years, so I was excited to see one of her books.


I am currently struggling through a non fiction book that is interesting but a tough read, and a fiction book that I really don't like much.  I can't give up on either one, so I've got to just find some time and get them done so I can move on.