Thursday, June 15, 2017

Giant Cookie

It was school fundraiser time again, and so in addition to my annual lazy daisy cake
I also made some mini brownies and a giant cookie.  
I made one of these cookies for a Sunday dinner, and as we ate it, we all discussed the upcoming fundraiser and me doing some baking, and what could I make?  Would you like more cookie?  Here you are.  Hmmm, what to make?  Yes, the cookie is very good, isn't it!  But - back to the topic at hand - what to make for the bake sale?  
Luckily someone finally clued in that we were eating the perfect treat!  

I wanted to jazz the cookie up a bit, so I drizzled it with some milk and white chocolate.  I think it came out pretty nice, if I say so.



Giant Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookie

1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut

Preheat oven to 350'
Lightly mist a pizza pan (12") with spray.

Beat the butter and sugar together until smooth and fluffy.  Add the salt, vanilla and egg and mix again.
Add the flour and baking soda and mix until just combined.  Stir in the chocolate and coconut.
Press -into the pan, going all the way to the edges, and smoothing the top.
Bake 18-20 minutes, and cool on a rack.