Sunday, January 15, 2017

Our first attempt at zoodles

I jumped on the veggie noodle train back in 2015 by buying a handheld spiralizer, then 
going home and shoving it in a drawer and forgetting about it. Go me. 

But I really want to try all these interesting ideas for spiralized foods, so I hauled mine out, 
found a recipe for zucchini noodles with chicken and tomatos and went to work. 
Luckily for me, I changed my mind and didn't make it for family Sunday dinner, 
because good wasn't a word I would use to describe the end result. 

Here's some of the ingredients for our tasty sauce.


Here is the spiralizer.


Zuke noodles!


The problem is - the spiralizer I bought only has one setting and it is very, very thin.  
We managed to cook them to just tender-crisp, but adding the sauce weighed it down and 
turned the noodles to mush.  It tasted ok and was edible, but it didn't look good and
 wasn't what I wanted.

So my veggie noodle dream is on hold right now until I can find a reasonable replacement to buy and justify spending the bucks on it.

If you have a recommendation for me, drop me a line!