Saturday, November 07, 2015

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds, too late for this year

How do you feel about pumpkin seeds? 
I'm pretty iffy on them myself. I always seem to tire of them 
before they're done, and The Mister is not a fan. 

The Boy isn't either, but he begged me to roast some this year.  
I was reaching for the olive oil when I decided to jazz things up and use coconut oil instead.
Coconut oil is a big deal superfood, but it's also really delicious.
A friend of mine who cooks a lot of curries always cooks her meat in coconut oil 
rather than canola or olive. I've started doing that now, and sometimes with our veggies too.

Roast your washed and dried pumpkin seeds in a 350' oven with some coconut oil and a sprinkle of salt.  Cook for 10 minutes, remove and stir, then return to the oven for another 5 to 10
 minutes until colored and fragrant.



Or just come over to my house for all the pumpkin seeds that no one here is eating.  Sigh.