Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Orange and Lime Ice Tea

I'm trying to find a drink recipe for the next work potluck - I am on drink duty (obvs) which seriously is the toughest course. 
 I made this on the weekend and it's definitely on the short list, which needs to get shorted asap. 
 I really REALLY like ice tea and the addition of citrus is good. I went with only 1 tb of brown sugar but I'm thinking that if this makes the cut, I'll up it to 2. 


Orange and Lime Iced Tea 
from smoothies and juices by Christine Ambridge 

 1 1/4 cup water 
2 tea bags 
scant 1/2 cup orange juice 
4 tb lime juice
1-2 tb brown sugar 
8 ice cubes 

to garnish (i didn't) 
wedge of lime 
sugar 
slices of fresh orange, lemon or lime 

Pour the water into a pan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, add the tea bags and leave to infuse for 5 minutes. 
Remove the tea bags and let the tea cool to room temperature. 
Transfer to a pitcher, cover with plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator for 45 minutes. 
 When the tea has chilled, stir in the orange and lime juices. Add sugar to taste. 
Take two glasses and rub the rims with a wedge of lime, then dip into the sugar to frost. 
Place the ice cubes in the glasses and pour over the tea. 
Decorate the rims with slices of fresh orange, lemon or lime, and serve.