Sunday, December 02, 2007

Eat Christmas Cookies

I'm working on putting the finishing touches on a parcel headed to Calgary for Christmas and our nephews FIRST birthday (Happy Birthday little guy!) and tonight I made some cookies for Scott's family. I tried a new recipe and the cookies came out quite well. So I'm sharing them with you and with Susan for her Eat Christmas Cookies extravaganza over at Food Blogga. Susan is gathering cookie recipes from around the world and sharing them with little old us! It's pretty great, go check it out.


Chunky Toblerone Shortbread
from Kraft


2 cups butter, softened
1 cup super fine sugar
3 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
2 (100 g each) Toblerone Chocolate bars, chopped
3 Tbsp. sifted icing sugar

Preheat oven to 350'. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy. Combine flour and cornstarch. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in chopped chocolate.
Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets, about 1" apart.
Bake 15 -20 minutes (I thought their recommendation of 20-25 was too long) or until lightly browned. Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with icing sugar. Remove to wire racks. Let cool completely.

4 comments:

Susan from Food Blogga said...

I'm so excited, Sara! Now I have a recipe for Toblerone. It's always been a staple at my house for Christmas, but I've never baked with it before. This is such a great recipe and wonderful addition to Eat Christmas Cookies. -Susan

Patricia Scarpin said...

I have never baked with Toblerone, Sara! These look so good. My brother is absolutely insane for that chocolate, he's gonna love these cookies!

Deborah said...

Give me anything with Toblerone, and I'll eat it!!! YUM!

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Oh boy Toblerone cookies. I think I got my first taste of Toblerone chocolate on a trip to England in 1984! It seemed so wonderful then; still does today! Yum looking cookies Sara.