Friday, September 21, 2007

Not really food related.

9:05 am

Guess what guys? It's my last day of work! Yep, by this afternoon, I will be officially unemployed.

I'm pretty excited today, but a little sad too. I will miss my clients. I will miss some of the people I work with. I will miss the fact that no one here cares how you dress, which is a very good thing for me. I will miss all the free lunches. Heck, I'll even miss the event planning. I've learned how to throw a mean soirée.

more later.....

10:44

They are taking me out for lunch! I wasn't sure they would. Better be somewhere nice.
Receptionist gave me flowers.......I might have cried. A bit.

2:07

Back from lunch at Caesars. There was steak. Potatos. Alcohol. Back at work - more flowers and more good byes. *Sniff*

2:48

Time to shut down the computer, take some stuff and beyootiful flowers to my car and say goodbye.

I am done!

Bye job.

7 comments:

Lis said...

awwwww! It's sad to leave your clients.. maybe you'll keep in touch with a few of them. =)

Order the lobster!

xoxo

breadchick said...

Happy Last DAY!! Enjoy your next few weeks off. A good complete mental break from work is a very good thing.

Peabody said...

It's always hard to leave your workplace...most of the time. Sounds like you had a nice day.

Sara said...

Lis -I didn't order lobster, but I might have had 2 drinks!

Mary - Thank you! I am slowly working on getting over the shock of no longer working there. It's a very strange feeling...

Peabody - actually it was a day from HELL. I ended up not getting out until after 4. Damn them!

foodiechickie said...

Good luck to you!!

Sara said...

Thank you Ani!

Emmy said...

How sweet your co-workers took you out for a farewell lunch. I wish you the best of luck in your futures endeavors.