Monday, July 31, 2006

Vegetarian Week - DAY 2

Breakfast this morning was a toasted crumpet with peanut butter and some cherries.

For lunch I had packed a green salad and gazpacho soup. I had poured my salad dressing into a smaller container and put that in with the salad. Sometime, I guess last night, the dressing leaked out and by lunch the salad was a soggy mess. I fought off my boss and his ham sandwich and got some vegetable pasta salad from the deli instead.

Mmmmm soup.


For dinner tonight I made Brie and Mango Quesadillas. I used a really nice Brie that we bought on our holidays in BC earlier this month. My mango was kind of funky so I didn't get as much flesh off as I hoped, but this is for sure a repeat dish. We layered slices of Brie with mango, jalapeno, chopped green onions and cilantro on one half of a whole wheat flour tortilla. Fold over the other half and cook over medium-low heat on both sides until hot and melty. We made a sour cream sauce to accompany - just lime juice salt and cayenne pepper stirred into sour cream.

Very delicious.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Brie and Mango Quesadillas, how beautiful. That will be oh so very good!!

Ruth Daniels said...

It does sound wonderful. Looking forward to what you're going to do tomorrow.

Sara said...

tanna - they were very good - better than i thought they would be.

ruth - thanks! breakfast and lunches will be pretty boring because i'm at work, but i've got some pretty good sounding dinners lined up for the next 2 nights.