Thursday, May 25, 2006

Farmers Market

A couple of weeks ago I went to 3 farmers markets. Here's what I got:
Watermelon, some kind of squash, red potatos (for $1!), tomatos, fiddleheads, garlic, oranges.
a bag of fresh basil for $1, snap peas, pears, ginger, 3 leeks for $2, 2 loaves of organic sourdough
cute little teeney organic zucchini
a big bag of peppers, fresh corn tortillas, jicama, 2 cans of chipolte peppers (Morgan! I got them at the Cookbook Company store at the Calary Farmers Market), a mexican spice for fruit and vegetable, chipolte hummous and crab and lobster dip.


peasantwench said...


purplecupcake said...

Wow, you hit the jackpot..don't you just love farmer's markets? You got delicious stuff to make with there! I wish I could get a bag of red potatoes for a buck and those zucchini look great!

Bethiclaus said...

I love farmer's markets. The good one in my area is only running while I'm at work, though, so I always miss out on the good deals.

Randi said...

we can't even get corn tortillas here. I havent even seen them in London. It's so backwards here.