Thursday, October 06, 2005

Plum jam

We bought a ton of plums last week at Millarville. Even though we were eating them everyday I was worried they would go bad before we could get through all of them. On Sunday I found a pack of freezer jam pectin in the pantry.
Plum Jam!

Plum Freezer Jam
adapted from the back of a package of Club House No Cook Freezer Jam gelling powder
4 cups of finely chopped plums
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 pkg freezer jam pectin

Gently mix plums and sugar in a large bowl.
Let stand for 15 minutes.
Slowly sprinkle gelling powder over friut, stirring for 3 minutes.
Let stand for another 5 minutes.
Stir again for 1 minute, then pour into jars.
Seal tightly.
Use jam within 6 weeks, or freeze for up to one year.


Punky said...

Yum, that sounds (and looks) great.

cara said...

Hi, thanks for signing up for the book swap!! What is the WCC about? Do other blogger particapte? Sounds intersting.

Sarah Lou said...

Love plums but a little afraid of making my own jam. I will one of these days. I better keep your recipe handy.

Anonymous said...

We had been blogging trying to find how our world sees food network. It has been a lifeline for us. Your site provides some of the best examples of this sort and we will bookmark yours. Another one we found was and appears to be related to yours is food network site/blog. It pretty much covers food network related stuff.

Sara said...

Punky - thanks! It's tasty
Cara - I am looking forward to the swap. WCC is something I came up with myself, but I am talking to another blogger about teaming up and asking people to participate. I will let you know when we do that.
Sarah Lou - you should give it a try. Jam is not hard at all.

Anonymous said...

The jam looks delicious, Sara! I've never made plum jam. I'm so glad you're joining us for the Swap. :)


sally calligan said...

thanks for your photo and recipe. It was just what i wanted. 2009-8-26